Akai MPC Live - Standalone Music Production Center
Modern music’s evolution is intrinsically linked to the legendary Akai Professional MPC line – full-featured production and performance powerhouses that have spawned multiple genres and advanced countless existing ones. With a design often replicated but never surpassed, the Music Production Centre empowers users with an unrivalled workflow and a tangible, intuitive interface coupled with forward thinking, indemand functionality that sets the precedence for the industry standard. Don’t settle for an imitation, take control of your creative output with MPC.
NEW IN MPC
MPC returns, armed with reimagined functionality and retaining the core workflow ethos that defined it’s iconic reputation. So what’s new in MPC Live? Standalone functionality, an on-board rechargeable battery, audio track recording, clip launching, MPC 2.0 Software and much more. This isn’t just the next generation of MPCs, this is a turning point in self-contained creative capability.
MPC doesn’t just complement your workflow, it enhances it. With MPC Live the convenience of touchscreen control, full-featured functionality and standalone capability fuses with Akai Professional’s iconic velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB 16-pad format. The result? Immersive, self-contained production and performance solutions meticulously designed for unprecedented creative expression without limitation.
With the MPC Live, critical in-demand MPC functionality is available, surgically positioned with one goal in mind – ease of use and no-nonsense workflow enhancement. 4 touch sensitive controls and a large data encoder seamlessly map to critical parameters. 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive RBG pads grant uncompromised response for full expressive range. MPC mainstays including Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Levels and dedicated Transport Controls complete the MPC Live’s arsenal of control options, providing core performance and production functionality.
The MPC Live’s unmatched versatility conquers the dividing line between production and performance. Fusing a road-tested compact footprint, full-featured creative capability and an on-board rechargeable Lithium-ION battery, MPC Live presents a refined workflow that inspires immediate creative results whist seamlessly revolutionising the create anywhere philosophy.
HIGH DEFINITION MULTI-TOUCH CONTROL
Discover MPC and experience unrestricted tactile control at your fingertips. It’s capacitive 7-inch multitouch full colour screen and adaptive UI seamlessly adapts to MPCs menu functions in crystal clear highdefinition - grab, pinch & edit waveforms, draw MIDI events, program the step sequencer, browse & load samples, apply FX, precisely set critical mix controls and much more, all using the intuitive ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets.
Whether you prefer working in the box or dream of a truly unleashed production experience, MPC Live effortlessly transforms from a formidable standalone production centre to a high-powered MIDI controller. Natively powering MPC in standalone mode is MPC 2.0 Software, fully loaded with critical in-demand production and performance capability. Connect MPC live to your Mac or PC, load MPC software as a plugin into your DAW of choice - or as a standalone application - and harness the undeniable power and creative scope of VST-instruments and effects. Whatever your preference, MPC Live redefines expectations for control, seamlessly accommodating the most stringent of needs with ease.
INFINITE SOUNDS, UNLIMITED INSPIRATION
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC Live is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class content, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from leading sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, Loopmasters as well as our own meticulously crafted sounds.
STORAGE & CONNECTIVITY
As standard MPC Live ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. Seeking to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC Live features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing expanded storage via SSD or HDD hard drives. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
Whether your seeking an ultra-reliable performance centrepiece or a production-centric powerhouse, the MPC Live assimilates seamlessly into existing setups courtesy of a plethora of conveniently located inputs and outputs. 6 balanced outputs connect to monitors, recording devices and mixers. RCA inputs with a dedicated ground accommodate turntables for unlimited sampling potential while two ¼-inch balanced inputs cater for mixer signals, synthesisers, drum machines and more. Monitor you mixes privately with the MPC Live’s on-board headphone output and take command of all your MIDI compatible devices with the MPC Live’s 1-in / 1-out MIDI interface. The MPC Live doesn’t just integrate with your setup, it forms the beating heart of it.
Akai MPC Live Features
- Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
- 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link buttons
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (22) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM® Cortex® A17 processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter: 6 VDC, 3 A, center-positive
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 4 hours of battery life
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7”
- 424 x 224 x 69 mm
- 5.9 lbs.
- 2.7 kg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AKAI SKU SAKAMPCLIVE Model MPC-LIVE GTIN 0694318020616
£2,468.40 (inc. vat) £2,057.00 (ex. vat)