AKAI APC40 MKII - USB / MIDI Controller + Ableton live software
The Akai APC40 MKII is a USB/MIDI controller that has been redesigned to incorporate five years of user feedback. The APC40 MKII features a 5x8 RGB clip-launching grid which lets you launch clips or perform your song from the ground up using the 40 responsive triggers. Each trigger has RGB lighting which displays three statuses; loaded, playing and recording allowing you to focus on your performance and not have to look at your computer. Alternatively you can also colour code your clips for visual grid organisation.
The Akai APC40 MKII also features nine reinforced faders and eight channel control knobs which are arranged in-line for an intuitive workflow. The control knobs also light up to give visual feedback of their parameters which allows for easy tweaking even in dark stage conditions. The APC40 MKII's A/B crossfader has also been redesigned and can be assigned and re-assigned without having to use your computer.
APC MKII comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live 9.13 and above to tighly corrospond 1 to 1 with the on screen interface. Bundle with the APC MKIS is a version of Ableton Live, two high-definition virtual synthesizers, and 5GB of professional samples and loops for immediate out-of-the-box music creation.
Akai APC40 MKII Features:
- Provides hands-on control of Ableton Live
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live (v9.1.3+)
- 5x8 clip-launch matrix with RGB feedback for clip status and color coding
- 9 channel faders, 8 control knobs, and 8 device controls interface with Ableton Live
- USB-powered and plug-and-play connectivity for Mac and PC
- Sends button for quick access to 8 send buses
- Assignable A/B crossfader for dynamic mixing on the fly
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the gridRevised knob layout with in-line controls for streamlined workflow
- Production package included: Ableton Live Lite with Puremagnetik Effect Racks, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, Prime Loops sample packs, and Toolroom Records artist launch packs (downloads)
Akai APC40 MKII System Requirments:
- Macintosh: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9
- PC: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port
- Ableton Live 9.1.3 or later
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AKAI SKU SAKAAPC40MK2 Model APC40MK2 GTIN 0694318015711