AEA NUVO N8 Stereo Kit
The AEA N8 stereo kit is everything you need to get a great stereo recording. The N8 ribbon microphone was designed to be the most open sounding ribbon microphone ever made. The N8 is the perfect ribbon mic for drum overhead or room mics, strings, orchestras and much more. AEA have employed a similar design philosophy as the famous R88 ribbon mic allowing the N8 to achieve amazing transparency when capturing sound with a superior transient response making this mic the perfect addition to your studio collection.
AEA’s NUVO Series Stereo Kit enables serious musicians and engineers to rapidly set up and accurately record in stereo on a single stand. The NUVO Stereo Kit consists of two matched N8s, and comes with all of the accessories necessary to easily configure the figure-eight microphones in Blumlein and near-coincident. Similar to the AEA's Stereo R88, the N8 was designed to capture the natural tonality of an instrument with the least amount of coloration possible. Using AEA's new SMS Stereo Bar and NUVO Microphone Coupler enables the user to arrange their N8s in a precise and accurate Blumlein array.
- Open and natural
- Designed for far-field: overheads, strings, and room mics
- Unobtrusive, discreet and video friendly look
- The same Big Ribbon™ as the R44
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labour, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminium
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- In the box: 2 N8 Microphones, SKB Carry Case, SMS Stereo Bar, 2 NUVO Windscreens and Blumlein Coupler
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AEA SKU SAEAN8MP Model NUVON8 GTIN NA
£1,949.00 (inc. vat) £1,624.17 (ex. vat)
£4,099.00 (inc. vat) £3,415.83 (ex. vat)
£1,459.00 (inc. vat) £1,215.83 (ex. vat)
£4,894.00 (inc. vat) £4,078.33 (ex. vat)