A-Design MP-2A - 2 Channel Valve Mic Pre
The A-Design MP-2A is a high end tube, dual channel preamplifier that can bring a warm analog sound to your DAW setup with ease. With the new MP-2"A" model A-Design have added tone switches to each channel of the preamp allowing you to choose from four distinct sounds.
A-Design MP-2A is true tube from it's front end to the back-end with tubes, film capacitors and custom transformers which together deliver a world-class sound with a solid bass response and warm yet airy top end. On the front of the unit is a 1/4" DI for high impedance instruments and sources such as guitar, bass, digital keyboards and even drum machines. Simply passing audio through the input of the MP-2A gives a gorgeous tone and analogue tube sound.
A-Design MP2A Features:
- All-tube design.
- Selectable tone switches offer four sounds per channel.
- 60dB gain allows use of next-generation ribbon mics.
- EF86 input tubes/6N1P output tubes.
- Cinemag input transformers and custom-wound output transformers.
- True VU meters.
- Dual level controls.
- -20dB pad switch (per channel).
- Polarity switch (per channel).
- Toroidal power transformer.
- Balanced XLR I/O and 1/4” direct injects.
- Custom-milled faceplate, solid vented metal frame 2U rack size
A-Design MP2A Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 60kHz
- Gain range: 0 – 60dB
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1kHz
- Noise (EIN): -128dBu
- Input impedance: 1.4k ohm
- Phantom power: +48V switchable power source
- Mic input phase: 0-180” (switchable)
- Instrument input: 1/4” phono
- Instrument input impedance min: >100k ohm
- Output impedance: 600 ohm, switchable to 10k ohm
- Maximum output level: +22dBu
- Output: Low-Z, transformer-balanced
- Power requirements: 100/120/230 VAC – 42W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 19” x 3-1/2” x 10”
- Weight: 18 lb. (8.16kg) (Shipping weight 20 lb.)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer A Designs SKU SADEMP2A Model A-Design MP-2A GTIN N/A